About This Course
The capacitance to digital converter (CDC) are being extensively used in Biomedical diagnostics, Water and level sensing applications in Industrial sector, MEMS sensor interface and plenty of hobby projects by young engineers. Sensor Interface Circuits (SIC) are being built using discrete components and as integrated circuits. The knowledge of the course will help you build the interface circuits to be used with Arduino Uno, Raspberry Pi and Beagle boards too. In this course, you will learn about the following:
1. What is a sensor ?
2. How to design and build a capacitance sensor ?
3. Use a MEMS capacitance sensor in an application.
4. Interfacing an ADC to the sensor and reading out the values.
Provide your feedback by sending questions which you would like answers to and what additional material would you like to be included in the course.
- Basics of Opamp design
- Knowledge of voltage and current measurement
- Curiosity of learning something new always
- Understanding the types of the sensors
- New engineering graduates
- Final year students looking for term projects
- Research aspirants in the Sensor interface design area
- College students looking to move to Physical Electronics domain
Capacitance Sensor Interface Circuits
Sensor Signal Processing4:54
Time Domain Processing3:32
Voltage Domain Processing4:20
How to choose a data converter for your application5:02
Types of Capacitance Sensors for Touch and MEMS sensing
Inter Digitated Capacitor Structures – IMPORTANT for SENSOR Fabrication
Measurement and Performance
Dr Javed GS
Tech Lead / Analog Manager